Just diagnosed with TNBC

• 3 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Hey, I’m 35 yrs old just got diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer yesterday after finding lump on my breast in early December. 2023. They have said it’s not at lymph nodes after taking biopsy. Awaiting genetic test and MRI scan as next steps. Worst thing so far telling people and everyone being so nice and supportive. Have had wobbles googling things. Worried it’s spread  elsewhere, I am experiencing discomfort in boob and it feels like the lump is getting bigger everyday. I go away on holiday snowboarding end of month they said I should go but also keen to get started on treatment which they said would be chemo , op and potentially radio. Also as not had children yet they said I need to quickly think about freezing my eggs - again worried this is all taking to much time ahead of treatment. Any words of wisdom greatly appreciated.

• Hi Joey I’m sorry you have been going through this, I found it easier once treatment started, waiting and Google are not always a great combo. I looked up every possible scenario, for me looking back, it wasn’t helpful as it made me more worried. If you are struggling with questions, try and talk to your GP or McMillan nurse as they can be really reassuring whilst you are waiting fo treatment to start, good luck. 

• Thank you - yes I will get in touch with the nurse Monday. You just want dates in now for all the various appointments- it’s the waiting that’s getting me! 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Community but sorry to hear about your diagnoses.

Navigating the cancer journey can be such a stressful and challenging time but getting support from people who have walked the ‘exact same' cancer journey can help a lot. (I have a completely different cancer).

The New to Community is like our reception desk where we look to direct you to the best part of the Community for you to get support. The Community is divided into dedicated Cancer Support Groups (Discussion Rooms)….. and I can see that you have already joined our dedicated Triple Negative Breast Cancer support group. This is a safe place to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

To connect in with the group click on this link> Triple negative breast cancer then once the group page opens you can introduce yourself by clicking “+new” or “+” in the top right next to the group title. You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

It’s a challenging time for you so you may want to use the Macmillan Support Line is open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support, benefits/financial guidance or just a listening ear.

We also have our Ask an Expert section but do allow a few working days for a reply.

Talking to people face to face can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing and give support to all the family.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge