Awaiting diagnosis

• 1 reply
  • 37 subscribers

Where to start?! 

My partner is awaiting a colonoscopy, to investigate potential colon cancer amongst other possibilities. 

With over a week to go until appointment, I'm finding the wait so long and stressful, but trying not to show it. In the meantime, my partner has lost a lot of weight. How can I support his weight to stabilise, without too much richness to upset his stomach? 

How to I keep my sh!t together on a day to day basis?!

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

Absolutely everyone within the online community will understand how stressful waiting for appointments can be.

The online community is actually divided into different support forums so I'm going to recommend that you join the bowel cancer forum, so that you can talk to others about diet, and also the carers only forum, where you can discuss your worries and emotions.

To join, just click on the links I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

If you have any problems negotiating the community just reply to me and I'll be pleased to help.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"