What a past year!

• 1 reply
  • 36 subscribers

Well hi all, I came on this site last year, as I was looking after my father whit had bladder cancer , he was able and I had carer's coming in also to check on him while I was at work. Well he had a fall and died 4 days later total shock, 8 months down the line my mum got diagnosed with breast cancer and died 9 short weeks later , during this time while she was in hospital I got diagnosed with breast cancer ! Going into the new year i have Bern laid off work....I think I have emotionally switched off and am numb , just waiting now for results of my mri to see if it has spread. My daughter has moved to Wales to jion a college course so life has changed and will never be the same . Sorry about the long post but I'm totally lost ATM. 

• Hi again  and I am so sorry to read about the lose of your mum and dad. My sincere condolences….. and now you find yourself navigating a cancer journey.

To help you navigate this journey could I suggest that you join and post in our dedicated Breast Cancer support group.

To connect in with the group click on this link> Breast cancer as this group is a safe place to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

It’s a challenging time for you so you may want to use the Macmillan Support Line is open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support, benefits/financial guidance or just a listening ear.

We also have our Ask an Expert section but do allow a few working days for a reply.

Talking to people face to face can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing and give support to all the family.

We also have our Telephone Buddy Service where you can be matched with someone who understands what you're going through, and they'll give you a weekly call.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge