Avoiding infection during chemo

• 1 reply
  • 38 subscribers

My son has to have 5 rounds of chemo before surgery. He started the first last week. We have started to self isolate as we did during Covid. No buses, buildings etc. Healthcare appointments only. We expect to have to continue this till after surgery. Are others self isolating during chemo/following surgery? If so for how long?

• Hi  and a second welcome to the online community

I can see that you posted earlier today in the New to the Community and Thehighlander gave you some good information.

As Mike explained, the online community is divided into different support forums so to connect with people who can share their experiences with you, you need to join a forum for the type of cancer that your son has. You can either let me know what type of cancer he has, and I can give you a direct link to that group, or you can do as Mike suggested and look through this list to find the appropriate forum.

Once you've joined the right forum, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could put something about your son's diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

If you have any problems navigating the community, please reply to me and I'll be pleased to help.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"