Daughter of parent with cancer

• 1 reply
  • 36 subscribers

Hello,

My mum was diagnosed with ovarian cancer about a month ago, she has had her first round of chemo with the 2nd next week. It breaks my heart to see her like this and thinking about the future scares me. I would like to speak to people in simular situations and how do you stay positive during these times? And how to manage your emotions etc.

Thank you :)

• Hello   A warm welcome to the MacMillan online Community. I am so sorry to hear about your mum's cancer - it's such a stressful time dealing with your emotions.

The online community is divided up into chat rooms or forums which are cancer specific. In your case I would advise you to join the Ovarian cancer forum . To do this you just click on the link I have provided and once the page opens up just click on "join" on the black banner  at the bottom of the page. You can then either copy and paste or re- post your original post where it will be seen by Community members with a similar or the same cancer.

There is also the Carers only forum  - You may want to join this forum too. (I am aware you are already a member of the Emotional Support and Friends and Family forums).

I hope this helps you, if I can do anything else for you please let me know.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.