Diagnosed 3 days ago

• 1 reply
  • 36 subscribers

Just been diagnosed with aggressive B cell Lymphoma. I feel very anxious. Not knowing what is in front of me so feeling very nervous indeed. I have an appointment to go for a pet scan to determine if it has spread anywhere else yet. I don't know how to get my head around it yet.

• Hi  and warm welcome to the Macmillan Online Community although sorry that you had to find us and especially sorry to hear about your Lymphoma diagnosis.

I am Mike and I help out around our Lymphoma groups. I was diagnosed way back in 1999 at 43 with a rare, incurable but treatable type of Non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma eventually reaching Stage 4a in late 2013 so although my Lymphoma ‘type’ may be different I do appreciate the challenges of this journey rather well.

The New to Community is like our reception desk where we look to direct you to the best part of the Community for you to get support. The Community is divided into dedicated Cancer Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) so can I recommend you join and post in our dedicated Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma support group our.

This group is a safe places to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

To join a group first click on the “Bold Italic Link” I have created above then once the group page opens click on “Click to Join” when the black banner appears or “Join” under “Group Tools” (this all depends on the device you are using)

You can then put up your own post when you’re ready by clicking “+new” or “+” in the top right next to the group title. You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

I will keep an eye open for you but if you are not sure what type you have pleased do get back to me on this post and I will help you out further.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge