Awaiting Finaldiagnosis

• 5 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Hi , I’m 75 female, gay and an involved granny. I pretty fit.
  it’s been a whirlwind 4 weeks since asking my GP to check under my arm….the support and speed has been amazing. 

So far I have been diagnosed with Micro papillary invasive ductal carcinoma Grade 2 oestrogen receptor strongly positive, HER negative . Left breast and three lymph glands. Awaiting biopsy results on my right breast and 3 days ago had a chest and abdomen CT scan.

I’m taking Letrozole and after 21 days no side effects….phew! I’m waiting to hear from my surgeon this week as soon as she gets final pathology reports and Radiology report. Although I have contact already with the Oncology breast nurses and feel my surgeon will do her best for me and keep me informed so we can discuss a treatment plan nonetheless I’m a bit anxious. Anyone else had experience of this type of carcinoma and treatment. 

• Hello SMP  and welcome to the Macmillan community, I am so sorry to hear or your diagnosis, but as you say your tests and treatments are happening very quickly, This really is the hardest part with your cancer journey, the waiting for treatment to start everyone gets anxious, SMP as i have no personal experience of your condition i can't really help, But as you have joined the breast cancer forum can i suggest you move or copy your introduction to there as you will get much more support and advice there. I wish you well with your treatment, take care, Eddie

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Community but sorry to hear about the journey you are on.

Good to hear that the system has worked quickly, navigating the cancer journey can be such a stressful and challenging time but getting support from people who have walked the ‘exact same' cancer journey can help a lot. (I have a completely different cancer).

The New to Community is like our reception desk where we look to direct you to the best part of the Community for you to get support. The Community is divided into dedicated Cancer Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) bUte I do see that you have already joined our dedicated Breast Cancer support group. This is a safe place to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

To connect in with the group click on this link> Breast cancer then once the group page opens you can introduce yourself by clicking “+new” or “+” in the top right next to the group title. You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

It’s a challenging time for you so you may want to use the Macmillan Support Line is open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support, benefits/financial guidance or just a listening ear.

We also have our Ask an Expert section but do allow a few working days for a reply.

Talking to people face to face can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing and give support to all the family.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you. Finding the site hard to negotiate as I actually thought I had posted on breast cancer group. Maybe site should be a bit more user friendly as I’m pretty good on online and computer stuffScreamut I’m a bit bemused Scream.

thank you for your support! Pray It means a lot! I think trying to support my partner, daughters and grandchildren through this is v hard. Sort of not actually waving but drowning inside whilst staying upbeat and strong is enervating! 

• PS I live in SW Score land and we have amazing Primary Care here even before this we can always get an appt with named GP will gonna day ( 6 female and 2 male GPs all part time and a teaching practice) and my experience of actute care here is also first class!! Feel v lucky when I talk to friends in Wngland. 

• Hi SMP, sorry i should have given more details on accessing the breast cancer forum, i work on the assumption if i can do it anyone can, good to see Thehighlander has put that right. SMP supporting your loved ones is great, but don't  forget about yourself, everyone with cancer needs support too. please take care, Eddie