Help

• 4 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Today my wife/soulmate has discovered that the cancer she has been battling for a year is now terminal, she doesn't want to tell anyone as it would ruin their Christmas I agree with that it is tearing me apart ATM, what I need is advice of how I can help her in her last months or weeks.

• Hello   A warm welcome to the online Community. I am so sorry to find you here in these circumstances, it's both a stressful and worrying time.

The online Community is divided into various chatrooms or forums and I would suggest you join the Supporting someone with incurable cancer forum . To do this just click on the link I have provided and when the page opens up, click on "join" on the black banner at the bottom of the page. When you have joined the Community you can either repost your original post or copy and paste it. It will be seen by people in the same or similar circumstances who can offer you some help and advice.

There is also our helpline on 0808 808 00 00 (8am - 8pm 7 days a week). The wonderful people there will be able to offer you some extra help and support in your circumstances, please give them a call.

If I can help with anything else please let me know.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hello Steve, and welcome to the forum. i am so sorry to hear of your wife's condition and how it is affecting you both. I have looked after loved ones with terminal cancer and understand  how you feel. Steve caring for someone by yourself is difficult both physically and emotionally but is easier with support from others. I don't know your wife's cancer but she may need specific care needs later on, You should contact your CNS for advice about best care practice in relation to your wife's condition and what support you can expect, as it will be just as hard for you as it will be for your wife. Steve i have terminal cancer and want to be as independent for as long as i can and your wife is probably the same, this is a good thing, as it will help her physically and emotionally, just being their to support her, to hold her hand or be a shoulder to cry on is so important. But the most important thing is that she knows you love her, take care, Eddie