Diagnosed on December 15th

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Hello. Only just joined as diagnosed with bowel cancer last Friday.

The diagnosis from my colonoscopy is that I have 30mm colorectal cancer and malignant colonic tumour. 10 biopsies have been taken but the surgeon was 99.9% certain of what he had found.

It's all still so new and I feel as though I know nothing. I know this will change over the coming weeks, once the results of the biopsies are available, and I start seeing the various teams. Apparently I'll have a CT scan first, then keyhole to remove the tumour and who knows how much of my colon. Then I'll need to wait for the results from what they remove, to see if it has got to my lymph nodes, which will determine whether chemotherapy is necessary.

I think I'm still in shock and don't really think the seriousness has sunk in yet.

Anyway, now it's time to get myself fitter and healthier.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll both find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

Being told you have cancer is definitely a shock and it does take a while to take everything on board.

The online community is divided into different support forums and I can see you've already joined and posted in the bowel cancer forum which you should find is a great place to ask questions, share experiences and get support.

It would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hello Paul64 and welcome, although i have cancer of the bowl it's a result of metastasic spread from my primary PCa so you probably know as much as i do, as i am on the bowl cancer forum i would, like Latchbrook, recommend you join too. I hope your treatment goes well, take care, Eddie