New here and grateful for this community

• 6 replies
  • 40 subscribers

Hi All,

I've been reading through some of the posts here and have already felt such a sense of relief and comfort.  Again and again, the reminder to "be kind to yourself" is like a healing balm.  I've been feeling guilty for worrying and being anxious about everything related to having cervical cancer, but now I see I'm not alone and others get anxious too.  

Thanks for being here.  Sending hugs.

• Hello Linda T and a warm welcome to the community, although your user name looks familiar. It certainly helps talking to people who really understand what your going through, and are only interested in supporting you and each other and i especially like it when somebody new to the community arrives, frightened, worried and unsure about what is to come, and they get such wonderful support that in sometimes, as little as a day, they are supporting others. Linda i often find myself just reading posts but it is so rewarding to offer a little support or advice, take care. Eddie

• Hi  and a second welcome to the online community which I'm glad to see you're already finding to be a supportive place to be.

The online community is divided into different support forums and I can see that you've already joined the cervical cancer forum. When you feel ready to introduce yourself to the other members of that group, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and also join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

If you have any problems negotiating the community just reply to me and I'll be pleased to help if I can.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi  and welcome to the community. 

I’m really glad you have already found benefit from joining us. I hope when you feel able, you’ll introduce yourself to the ladies in the cervical cancer group. We are a supportive group, and although I don’t know what stage you are at in the process of diagnosis and treatment, you’ll find support and shared experiences there.

We have had a number of ladies join us recently who are about to start treatment, and people like myself who’ve been through treatment so we are all at different stages, but we will be happy to help where we can. 

You are very welcome to be with us, and please feel free to put up your own post or join in any discussions. I look forward to chatting with you more.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi, I am new to this whole Macmillan group. 3 weeks ago I was diagnosed with advanced metastatic Thymic epithelial cancer (on liver biopsy). I have just completed urgent Radiation Stabilisation Therapy given over 10#s (to minimise side effects) and decrease pain across Thoracic spine down R upper arm (cancer currently limited to mediastinum and two local linear pleural narrow bands plus SVC Obstruction and a few liver metastases. The next steps are thought to be a combination of a Platin (e.g. carboplatin) plus a Taxol followed concurrently with ImmuneRx (e.g. Pembrolizumab or equivalent) ever 3 weeks for a bout 12 weeks before deciding to trial ImmuneRx alone if successful in maintaining/controlling or slowing down the situation. Are there any real data on a definite direction to go at this stage beyond what I have outlined. How best can I start trying to minimise any Rx side effects and get my body & mind ready for the onslaught coming after my, hopeful 3-4 weeks break over Christmas. My cancer is very rare so hard to have any real prognostic certainty (3-6/12 with Rx to 25% chance of surviving 5 years or more). Difficult for my wife and family to process and plan around all this uncertainty.

Merry Christmas to all and thanks so much for all your help,

Cheers, Thymic ghost

I notice that you have replied to my post, but I unfortunately don’t have any experience or advice to offer you as my cancer was different. I see that you have joined and posted in the Thymus Cancer Group which is the best please to get information, support and advice,

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

I notice that you have replied to my post, but I unfortunately don’t have any experience or advice to offer you as my cancer was different. I see that you have joined and posted in the Thymus Cancer Group which is the best place to get information, support and advice for your situation.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum