New diagnosis and scared

• 1 reply
  • 37 subscribers

I’ve just been diagnosed with bowel cancer and am feeling very overwhelmed. Just hoping to get some support and advice on how to cope with it all.

• Hello   A warm welcome to the online Community.

I am so sorry to read of your diagnosis - the initial shock does take some time to settle down and you are in the right place for help and support.

The Community is divided up into cancer specific chat rooms or forums and I would advise you to join the Bowel (colon and rectal) cancer forum . This is where you will find community members with the same or a similar diagnosis to yours and you will be able to chat with people on the same or similar journey.

To join the forum just click on the link I have created and once the page opens up, click on "join" on the black banner at the bottom of the page. Once you have joined the forum you can introduce yourself by posting in the "new here, say hello" section of the forum.

There is also our helpline on 0808 808 00 00 (8am to 8pm 7 days a week) if you require any extra help or advice.

I hope the above helps and if I can do anything else for you please let me know.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.