Carers

• 3 replies
  • 36 subscribers

Hi all, my dad has prostate cancer with metastasis, he's has this for some time, does anyone know if Macmillan arrange carers help at home to support my mum, I work full time so help as much as I can but they need more support with washing him and things like that

Thanks for reading 

• Hi   and welcome to the Macmillan Community but so sorry to hear about your dad’s diagnosis and the challenges you are all dealing with.

I don’t have first hand experience in this but I don’t think that Macmillan deal directly with arranging carers, this would most likely be through your local social services.

But if you care to call the Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00 you will access practical information, emotional support, benefits/financial guidance or just a listening ear.

A cancer diagnosis like this in the family can be such a challenging and stressful time but getting support from others who are dealing with the ‘exact same' support challenges can help a lot.

The New to Community is like our reception desk where we look to direct you to the best part of the Community for you to get support. The Community is divided into dedicated Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) and when it comes to the practical and emotional challenges of supporting your dad you may benefit from joining and posting in our Family and Friends support group where you will connect with others navigating the exact same support challenges.

To connect with a group click on the “Bold Italic Link” I have created above then once the group page opens click on “Click to Join” when the black banner appears or “Join” under “Group Tools” (this all depends on the device you are using)

You can then put up your own post when you’re ready by clicking “+new” or “+” in the top right next to the group title. You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post. You can also scroll through other members posts and click “Reply” to get involved.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thankyou so much for replying it's really hard and I wanna help as much as I can, I'll look into it thanks again it's appreciated 

• This is hard to navigate but first thing call our helpline and ask about how to access care then connect with our Family and Friends support group as this subject will often be talked about ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge