Colposcopy results

• 4 replies
  • 37 subscribers

My pap results came back high risk for hpv so I had a colposcopy and getting my results Tuesday.  What are my worse case scenario results.  I’m really scared 

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community but so sorry to hear about your ongoing diagnosis.

Navigating the cancer diagnosis  journey can be such a stressful and challenging time.

As to your question….. ‘‘What are my worse case scenario results?’……. the answer to this will all depend on what is found and even if you have cancer again it depends on what is it and what stage……. I was diagnosed way back in 1999 at 43 with a very rear, hard to treat ‘but treatable’ blood cancer. I have had many years of treatment, reached stage 4 in late 2013 but 10 years on I am still incurable but still living a great life.

Here are some links that may be helpful at this point. Worried about cancer and Going for tests

If your tests do come back positive with a specific type of cancer then getting support from others who are dealing with the ‘exact same' cancer type can help you  a lot.

The New to Community is like our reception desk where we look to direct you to the best part of the Community for you to get support.

The Community is actually divided into dedicated Cancer Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) so if you do receive a cancer diagnosis you can have a look through THIS LIST where you will find all our many dedicated cancer support groups listed.

These groups are safe places to talk to others who may have a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support from members who are navigating the same journey.

At the moment you may want to ‘talk’ this all through so the Macmillan Support Line is open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00.

This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support or just a listening ear.

Talking to people face to face can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi  

As you’re waiting for colposcopy results, I’d be happy to try to reassure you if you’d like to post in the cervical cancer group. Not because I’m assuming you have cancer at this point, but because we have experience of these procedures in this group. If you click on the bold link “cervical cancer forum” in my signature, you can post your question there. I understand that getting an hpv diagnosis and going for a colposcopy can be scary, so please join us there so you can get some more guidance about potential results. 

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi  

I noticed that you have joined the cervical cancer forum but haven’t posted yet. Please feel free to make a post by clicking on the” “new” button. This is the place where we have the relevant advice and experience to help support you.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm