Don't know what to do

• 3 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Hi all new here but as the rest of you I am terrified.

Had two blood tests taken and the blood protein is 83 and ferritin is abnormal too.

I am positive it's bad news , I am going crazy, any advice 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll both find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

Waiting for the results of tests can be a very scary time and it's natural to assume the worst. You might find this article on how to ease worry when waiting for medical test results helpful.

Personally, I found that doing things that I enjoyed helped take my mind away from the 'what ifs'. Lots of people find mindfulness very helpful and, if this is something that interest you, clicking here will give you more information.

The online community is divided into different support forums where you can ask questions, share experiences and get support. As you haven't said what type of cancer you're suspected of having, I can't immediately direct you to a forum for support. You could either let me know or look through this list and choose the appropriate one.

Once you've joined a forum, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could put something about your symptoms and the tests you've had so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

I know it's hard, but try to remember that no amount of worrying will change the results but it will ruin the present.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

1. I have found a simple solution to easing worry and stress - adult colouring books. Just doing something else helps your brain focus on more positive things. If you are concentrating on making a picture you haven't got the space in your brain to be worried. It gives you a bit of space /relief!
  • Yes, I've got a friend who does those. The only problem is, he's colour blind so they do turn out interesting!

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"