Many tests in the next 11 days

• 2 replies
  • 38 subscribers

During the next 10 days having ct scan, bowel and prostate biopsies, mri bowel area. Having just had mri on prostate which highlighted a bowel problem. Seem to have been getting new appointments every day. All a bit of a shocker as didn't have any symptoms  a few weeks ago when the roller coaster started. Now poo a ribbon shape and a bit of mucus, wee flow not like it was, slight ache in left side lower back. The hard part is waiting till Thursday for some of the testing to start and then  3 more tests next week. The NHS are brilliant.Seem to be fine during the day but get upset at night when it feels a bit overwhelming. Luckily I have a super supportive  wife who is also struggling  with my issuez. I expect we're  or have been in a similar situation during this journey to hopefully a positive outcome.

• Hello   A warm welcome to the online Community. You do appear to have a lot going on all at once and I can understand how stressful it must be.

The online community is divided up into chat rooms or forums which are cancer specific and in view of your post I would advise you to join the Bowel (colon and rectal) cancer forum and possibly once you receive your diagnosis the Prostate cancer forum. To join these forums you can click on the links provided and once the page opens up just click on "join" on the black banner at the bottom of the page. You can then either repost your original post or copy and paste it. There it will be seen by community members on the same or similar journeys who will be able to answer your questions.

You can always call our helpline too on 0808 808 00 00 (8am to 8pm 7 days a week). for help and advice.

I hope the above helps, if I can do anything else for you please don't hesitate to let me know.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi Johnbouy and welcome to the forum. I am so sorry to hear about your situation, as you have not said  you have had a cancer diagnosis, but judging by the tests they are giving you, they suspect it maybe cancer, Johnbouy that you are getting tested so quickly is really good news as the waiting as we all know can be difficult The feelings you are having happen to everyone and to their partners too, more so at night .I like everyone else on this forum are dealing with cancer, either themselves, partner, family member or friend and the help, advice and support people find on here is amazing, all from people on the same journey. Johnbouy i really wish you well with your tests, but should you ever need us, you will always be welcome. please take bare, Eddie