New diagnosis

• 2 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Hi

Found our yesterday that my husband has esophageal cancer.

Terrified. Numb and don't know how to feel.

Waiting for a CT to see if it has spread.

Tears won't stop.

• I'm the same. My other half has been diagnosed with lung cancer on Wednesday and I haven't stopped crying. It's worse at night when I'm on my own and I just burst out crying trying to keep the noise down while he's in bed. Christmas is cancelled. Hrs having another biopsy on Thursday to see if it has spread and what stage it is. I feel very, very sick. My thoughts are with you right now.

• Hi  and  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll both find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that you've both recently discovered that your husbands have been diagnosed with cancer and I know what a difficult time this will be for you both.

As the online community is divided into different support forums, I'm going to recommend some forums for you to join where you can ask questions, share experiences and get support.

The first forum that I think you'd both benefit from joining is the carers only forum which is a supportive place to discuss your worries and emotions with others who have someone living with cancer.

Then  you might like to join the oesophageal cancer forum and  the lung cancer forum as you'll then connect directly with others who have these types of cancer to ask questions around diagnosis and treatment.

To join the groups just click on the links I've created and, once you've joined the forum, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could put something about your husband's diagnoses and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

If you have any problems negotiating the community just reply to me and I'll be pleased to help if I can.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"