New to the group

• 2 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Ok not to sure on the techno stuff lol i will not even use one of those mobile phones yup i am 57 but still hate those phones .

I Have many health issues and just found out i have got lung cancer stage 2 that they are going to remove the one lung lobe and then chemo so well just trying to find support , i have a nurse at our hospital that works for macmillian so got help there but in the big wide world just looking to others and how they got through stuff .

I am a sort of old school to cancer as saw my mum die of it at a young age in the 70's-80's also other members so i have never really not known it , people look at me like i am mad because i just laughed when the doctor told me because i sort of always knew it was chasing me and now i treat it as just another health issue fight rather than fear it as people think i should i just refuse to let to make me buckle and i want to know how others got past things , like the chemo treatment i know i can read info such as try this or that but having people who have been there and done it feels a little more real and helpful like with my other health issues people say oh but you coudl try this or that but they do not know the pain or the feeling you get .

ok ramble over just happy there is this sort of help now days , i could have done with it wjhen young 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that you have recently been diagnosed with lung cancer but it sounds like you have a good mindset.

I can see that you've already found and posted in the lung cancer group which is a great place to ask questions, share experiences and give and receive support.

It would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and proposed treatment into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi latchbrook thanks for the heads up i have added a little i will add more as and when the brain is not foggy , the morphine makes me eyes fuzzy , thanks for the welcome and hopingi i can join in on lots of stuff