Anybody suffering from urinary bladder cancer?

• 7 replies
  • 45 subscribers

My father is in great pain and doctor prescribed PET-Scan and this is me myself only son of my father

• Hello   A warm welcome to the online Community.  I am so sorry to read of your father's diagnosis, it's a very stressful time. I have a different cancer so I can't give you any answers myself.

The online Community is divided up into different chat rooms or forums for specific cancers. In your father's case I would advise you join the Bladder cancer forum . To do this click on the link I have provided and once the page opens up, click "join" on the black banner at the bottom of the page. Once you have joined the forum you can then introduce yourself by either copying and pasting or reposting your original post. This will then be seen by community members on the same or similar journey and they can offer you the best help and advice.

If your father's pain continues and it's at a point where he needs to be seen for pain relief I would advise you to either contact your GP, If you have a local drop in centre call in there, call 111 for advice or if the pain becomes unbearable it's a trip to your local A & E.

I hope the above helps and you find some answers and relief for your father.

If I can do anything else for you please don't hesitate to get back to me.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hello, Help needed here, I also have bladder cancer and do get pain from it at times, lower back and lower stomach being the main ones which i can self medicate as not deemed too serious, but i did see GP first. Help needed here as you have given very little information, i can't really help. So as my friend millibob has said if you think your dad needs help, then get it, please take care. Eddie.

• Hi thank you for responding my father has burning sensation during urination unbearable burning sensation I do not have enough money to go to private hospital so I go to government hospital here in india I talked with hospital doctor he is not helping here government employees think he is everything he said just wait for PET-scan which will be done on 14 December and for burning sensation he is doing nothing I searched on internet for burning sensation during urination I found some information it will be due to infection in bladder for infection I tried ciprofloxacin 500mg BD and for burning sensation paracetamol 650 I know it is not advisable to self medicate but I have no choice so here it is after taking paracetamol 650mg no burning for 3 to 4 hours but after burning come back my father cry like a kid so I again give him paracetamol after 3 days of ciprofloxacin no improvement now from today morning both feets got swelling don't know why but I believe because of too much paracetamol my father has taken ciprofloxacin before to treat typhoid with doctor prescription so I am sure it's paracetamol now if you know any med for burning sensation please advice I have no choice thank you 

• Hello   Thank you for your reply. To be honest I don't have the answers you need. As you are in India and the health service is different to that in the UK , your father hasn't got a cancer diagnosis and I am unable to comment on medication - the best advice I can give is:

It's more than likely a UTI (Urinary tract infection). You need to stop the self diagnosis and take your father to hospital with a urine sample to be tested - this will give you the answers you seek and hopefully a correct diagnosis and the right medication. You do need to seek professional medical help.

I am so sorry I can't give you the answers you need but I hope the above helps.

My best wishes to you and your father.

Brian.

Community Champion badge

• Hello  help needed here, i didn't know you were overseas and hadn't had a cancer diagnosis. i have to agree wit millibob that a UTI  is probable, and if it is he may need antibiotics, but please see your doctor first. I know peeing is painful for your dad but he must drink plenty of water and if possible cranberry juice and don't drink caffeine or alcohol. take care, Eddie

• Thanks for responding but my father already diagnosed with advanced urinary bladder cancer this how about two months ago my father suffered from typhoid fever after about 15 days started hematuria passing only blood instead of urine during urination in hurry ultra sound was done and Hypoeachoic Complex SOL in bladder lumen with classification now urgently TURBT done and specimen sent for biopsy and in report it's written "High grade urothelial carcinoma with focal areas glandular differentiation, urinary bladder (pT2).

Detrusar Muscle - focally invaded.

In government hospital they confirm then they prescribed some test 14 days after MRI done then again 14 days after CT scan done now on coming 14 December PET scan will be done then I do not know what test they will prescribe but they said that radical cystectomy need to be done I do not know but my father is in great pain kindly if possible anyone contact their doctor and tell me medicine name so my father can survive this burning pain during urination till operation is done

• Hello   Thank you for your reply. At the moment your posts are in a section of the Community called "New To The Community". This is where new members of the Community start their Cancer Journey.

I have a different cancer and am helping new Community members by "signposting" them to one of the forums where their posts will be seen by other Community members on the same or similar cancer journey. As you have now confirmed that your father has bladder cancer you need to join the Bladder Cancer forum - details are in my original post 21 hours ago. Follow the link I have provided (in my original post) and once you have joined the forum, you can ask your questions. Don't forget to mention you are in India.

I hope this helps - Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge