Newbie here - supporting sister with endometrial cancer

• 1 reply
  • 37 subscribers

Hi all Wave

It's good to find somewhere to read, learn and access support.  Not much to say, other than my sister has stage 4 (4b, I think?) metastatic endometrial cancer.  I just want to be able to support her in whatever way I best can, but I'm finding that quite hard.  And I've no-one else, really, to talk to about it.  So that's why I've popped up on this forum.  Thanks for listening - just being among you all is a balm in its own way Slight smile

• Good Morning VikingMermaid

Welcome to the Online Community. i hope you will find it as supportive and informative as I have done. If you click on my name, my profile will come up- but I had the same cancer as your sister.

I am really sorry to hear that she has been diagnosed with endometrial cancer and that it is at a more advanced stage. It will make a real difference to her that you are there to offer support, but it is a hard thing to deal with and sharing on here will help you, I am sure. 

If at any point you feel talking things through would help, then I can recommend the Support Line. The number is below and they are lovely on there.

Supporting someone with cancer | Macmillan Cancer Support This link will take you to a page with all the other ways of contacting us and also some general information that may be helpful.

The Macmillan site is divided into different forums so I am going to pop some links below to places where you will be able to share with others going through similar journeys. 

(+) Womb (uterus) cancer forum - Macmillan Online Community  I would recommend having a look at this one as it's people with the same diagnosis as your sister and there will be people on there who have been diagnosed with all the different stages who will be able to offer support.

(+) Family and friends forum - Macmillan Online Community This one is more for you as you need to make sure you have enough support to be able to support your sister. 

(+) Supporting someone with incurable cancer forum - Macmillan Online Community This one is specifically for people who are supporting someone who's cancer is already advanced/ metastatic and are living with cancer  and it is a safe place to share how you are feeling with others. 

Finally I will pop a link to some info about Endometrial cancer that I personally found really helpful. It will give you some background info on what your sister can possibly expect and some more general info. I would advise to look at this rather than google as a lot of information can be out of date and not accurate. 

Womb cancer booklet | Macmillan Cancer Support

I hope this helps a bit. If there is anything else you need or want to ask then please do so.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm