Breast Cancer at 25

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

Hello, 

A couple of weeks after my 25th birthday I noticed a lump in my breast and went to the doctors to get it checked. After several tests and scans I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. I am currently undergoing weekly chemotherapy and immunotherapy and will have to have double mastectomy with reconstruction. 

Up until I started treatment I was coping pretty well, but the side effects from the chemo have just made it hit home. I’ve been seeking nauseous all the time, achey, and tired. My hair hasn’t fallen out yet but I am anticipating it will in the next few weeks.  I feel sad about my changing appearance and how I’ll look after my surgery. 

I’ve had to leave my home, my job and my boyfriend in a different city and move back to live with my parents so it really sucks seeing other 25 year olds out living their lives / travelling / completing ‘milestones’. I don’t know anyone my age who has gone through this. 

I’m not sure really what I want to get from writing this but hoping to feel slightly less alone and maybe hear from someone around the same age who has been through it too. 

• Hello   I have just read your post in the "New to the Community" forum and it's a warm welcome to the online Community.

I am so sorry to read of your cancer diagnosis and see that you have already joined the Breast cancer for the under-50s forum and the Breast cancer forum . Have you also thought of joining the Triple negative breast cancer forum .

In view of your diagnosis I would suggest you either copy and paste or repost your original post in these forums to connect with people on the same or similar journey to yourself. I am sure you will receive plenty of support there.

For additional support may I suggest:

* Breast Cancer Now 0808 800 6000 (Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm Saturday 9am to 1pm)  or www.breastcancernow.org.uk they are a breast cancer research and care charity or

* Call our support line on 0808 808 00 00 (8am to 8pm 7 days a week). There are some great people on that number who can offer you additional support.

I hope the above helps, if I can do anything else for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.