Results Meeting Tomorrow

• 1 reply
  • 36 subscribers

4 weeks ago i was reviewed and a week later i had a WLE on my arm.  I was told i would receive a letter after 4 weeks with my results but they called last week and asked me to attend face to face.  Understandable this has made me anxious. 

I wonder if people could advise me what questions i need to go in with to help me understand any positive or negative outcomes from this meeting?  I have used this website to look at different outcomes so that it won't be too upsetting however when i went for my initial meeting i think i went into shock and didn't ask anything! and left with lots of questions and fears!

In my WLE she alluded to it being likely cancerous due to shape, colour, size etc but wanted to do the procedure to have confirmation. 

Thank you if you are able to respond Slight smile

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Macmillan Community but sorry to hear about your diagnoses.

Navigating the cancer journey can be such a stressful and challenging time but getting support from people who have walked the ‘exact same' cancer type journey can help a lot. (I have a completely different cancer).

The Community is divided into dedicated Cancer Specific Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) and I can see that you have already joined out dedicated Melanoma Cancer support group. This is a safe place to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

To connect in with the group click on this link> Melanoma then once the group page opens you can introduce yourself by clicking “+new” or “+” in the top right next to the group title. You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

The Macmillan Support Line is open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support, benefits/financial guidance or just a listening ear.

We also have our Ask an Expert section but do allow a few working days for a reply.

Talking to people face to face can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing and give support to all the family.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge