Breast cancer

• 1 reply
  • 37 subscribers

Hiya

Just been diagnosed with breast cancer. All a bit overwhelming. Get my treatment plan on Monday. Sick of telling people that I have it. Its exhausting. Anyone got any helpful hints or tips? Already been told that underwire bras are a no no. Already been told to take a notebook to every meeting so I can look back on what was said. Already been told to have really soft comfortable clothing. These are all great things but what do you all do to Just cope with this diagnosis. I'm still in shock. Only found out Tuesday. 

• Hello  A warm welcome to the online Community. I am so sorry to read of your diagnosis but you are in the right place for help and advice.

The Community is divided into Cancer specific forums or chat rooms. I would suggest you join the Breast cancer forum . To do this click on the link I have provided and once the page opens up just click "join" on the black banner at the bottom of the page. You can then either copy and paste your post or repost it on the forum. There it will be noticed by Community members with the same or similar diagnosis who will be able to respond.

There is also our helpline on 0808 808 00 00 (8am - 8pm 7 days a week) and there are some great people there who can offer help and advice.

If I can do anything else for you please don't hesitate to let me know.

Best wishes- Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.