Bowel cancer

• 3 replies
  • 36 subscribers

Hi everyone... I'm new to the group...I've had my surgery to remove the tumour and currently going on to cycle 5 of chemo...but I'm finding it very hard....just feel so alone some days and just cry Cry I lost my mam 16th May...buried her 16th June then found out I had cancer 4 days later....just feels my world is crashing down right now I'm getting over my surgery and a lot better...just trying to reach out and talk to someone 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Macmillan Community but sorry to hear about your diagnoses.

Navigating the cancer journey can be such a stressful and challenging time but getting support from people who have walked the ‘exact same' cancer type journey can help a lot. (I have a completely different cancer).

The Community is divided into dedicated Cancer Specific Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) and I can see that you have already put up a post in our dedicated Bowel (colon and rectum) cancer. This group is a safe place to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

The Macmillan Support Line is open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support, benefits/financial guidance or just a listening ear.

We also have our Ask an Expert section but do allow a few working days for a reply.

Talking to people face to face can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing and give support to all the family.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you so much I will have a look at things and get used to were I'm going.thank you for reply.

• The New to Community is like our reception desk where the team can help you navigate the community and other support platforms so you get the best support.

I notice that you have not actually joined the Bowel (colon and rectum) cancer. Joining the group improves your ability to receive  emails and see ongoing discussion threads.

So klick on the above link then once the group page opens click on “Click to Join” when the black banner appears or “Join” under “Group Tools” (this all depends on the device you are using)

All the best best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge