Alone

• 1 reply
  • 43 subscribers

Hi All, by chance and it was a fluke, back on the end of 2022 a small cancer was found in my lung, was sent for a CT Contrast because of unusual bowl activities, which turned out mainly because of Pain Meds for my back. 

So, then it started,  Pet Scan, which showed uptake in some lymph nodes. Ebus which was not pleasant, My chosen Hospital for the Righ Upper lung and Lymp nodes resection were Amazing, after waiting a month,  I Thank God all is well, So why am I feeling so low and despondent,  I'm Alive, I am Clear, I am in Ressesion.

The only people I told was my work place Manager, and My Friend who was Amazing.

I told my Adult Children 2 days before the operation,  As their Father has bone Cancer I didn't want to overload them.

Going back to work has been a disaster,  Had to fight for shift changes, my so called best friend has been so unpleasant because I need to change some shifts. I am now off work with major stress  issues, No support from HR...

I Feel as if it's all my fault, I have always been a strong person, who helps everyone else. But now I feel I am alone 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Macmillan Community but sorry to hear about the challenges you are dealing with.

The first thing is nothing about this is your fault….. the cancer journey is a very hard journey to navigate and there is no one size fits all in how we walk this journey and as to how things develop. I have been on my incurable cancer journey for over 24 years and I have learned that we all do what we can to do for getting through and out the other end.

‘Living’ post treatment throws up lots of issues, work being one and I am sorry to hear that you are finding this difficult….. when dealing with work issues you may want to talk with our Work Place Advisers on our the Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00.

Living the post treatment world can be a lonely place so you may want to join and introduce yourself to the members of our dedicated Life after Cancer Group this is a safe place to talk with others who may have worked through the same challenges.

To connect in with the group click on this link>Life after Cancer Group then once the group page opens click on “Click to Join” when the black banner appears or “Join” under “Group Tools” (this all depends on the device you are using)

When you are ready you can introduce yourself by clicking “+new” or “+” in the top right next to the group title. You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

Always around to help out in any way.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge