Guilt

• 2 replies
  • 38 subscribers

My husband is a year on from diagnosis today! This past year has gone by fast fueled on a whirlwind of emotions buy lately one that is pushing to the front is mum guilt. Our world has revolved around cancer and my husband naturally it's my main constant worry, but I keep feeling so sorry for not being the fun mum I was. I find myself trying to force fun activities but not actually being able to focus and can't cope when it doesn't go to plan or its not the great success I planned it to be. I know i try to spin too many plates at once without asking for help but I really feel I should be able to manage myself.

I'm just so angry and sad and I feel so sorry for my daughter missimg out on top of everything else going on. 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

It sounds like this last year has been very difficult for the whole family.

The online community is divided into different support forums so I'm going to recommend that you join the carers only forum which is a supportive place to connect with others who have a loved one living with cancer and who will know how difficult it can be juggling everything.

To join just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

Sending some virtual ((hugs)) your way.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hello May D, may i also welcome you to our forum. as latchbrook suggests the carers only forum could give you the support you need.  I have looked after loved ones with cancer  and found out the hard way that it so much easier with help and support, and now i find myself with cancer and although i need little help just now, i know how difficult it is going to be for my partner when i near the end. May as someone who has been both carer and cared for i could not say which one is the hardest only that it is so much easier with support. Every emotion imaginable turns up when someone in the family gets cancer, so please do not feel guilty. please take care.