Now if feel real!

• 3 replies
  • 44 subscribers

I had a hysteroscopy under general anaesthetic last Monday and none of it felt real. Got the biopsy results today and was told by the lovely cancer nurse that it is low grade cancer but I need to go in for a MRI tomorrow morning. I’m now really scared and am reading everything I can on womb cancer but not sure it’s helping. Not sure what I’m looking for apart from just putting my fears out there really. Thanks for listening. Sadly I’m alone with it all and just needed to share I guess. 

• Are you a member of the womb cancer group? There is so much support there. I started on this rollercoaster on Sept 6 with my hysteroscopy under general anaesthetic also and was told on Sept 18 it was cancer and by Oct 16, I'd had a total hysterectomy and have just been told the results on 6 November that it was stage 1b and grade 3,  so they want me to have radiotherapy. Sharing is always good if it helps reduce the isolation.

• Thank you for your message, it immediately made me feel less alone. I’m so sorry you are going through this and wish you all the very best going forward. I will definitely look at the womb cancer group, it’s sad so many people are going through this. I’m a bit overwhelmed with it all but hope I’ll have chance to talk it over with them after the MRI results. Thank you for sharing your story and helping me.  

• Hi   and a very warm welcome to the Macmillan Community but sorry to hear about your diagnoses and the challenges you are dealing with.

Navigating the cancer journey can be such a stressful and challenging time and reading everything out there is often not very helpful, indeed confusing but getting support from people who have walked the ‘exact same' cancer type journey can help a lot.

As you see the Community is divided into dedicated Cancer Specific Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) abd I can see that you have already joined our dedicated Womb Cancer support group. This is a safe place to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

To connect in with the group click on this link> Womb (uterus) cancer then once the group page opens you can introduce yourself by clicking “+new” or “+” in the top right next to the group title. You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

The Macmillan Support Line is open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support, benefits/financial guidance or just a listening ear.

We also have our Ask an Expert section but do allow a few working days for a reply.

Talking to people face to face can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing and give support to all the family.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge