I lost my world, my everything to lung cancer.

• 1 reply
  • 37 subscribers

I lost my mummy to lung cancer on the 27th April, she didn't even get a chance to fight to it. Her treatment was going to start the following week, it's just so not fair. She was the most feisty, loving woman you could ever meet but I saw her for the first time in my life scared and it broke me. People keep telling me it gets easier but it doesn't I feel like I'm going deeper and deeper in this black hole that I can't get out of. She is everything to me I'm 34 but never left home and we did absolutely everything together She even worked with me (which I loved) I just don't want to live on this earth anymore without her. My love for life died the the day she passed and that feeling is just getting stronger im scared i dont want to leave my brother but this feeling is too strong. I just want to be with her so much it hurts. 

• Hi  and welcome to the community but so sorry to hear about your mum. I lost my dear mum 3 years yesterday so I do understand the journey you are on.

Actually it dies improve with time but often you need to unpack this with others who understand.

You may want to connect in with our dedicated Bereaved Family and Friends Support Group. where you will meet others who are navigating the same journey.

Talking to people face to face can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge