Terrified a

• 4 replies
  • 46 subscribers

My husband had been diagnosed with stage 4 lung Cancer

I am so scared

• Hi, I'm sorry I don't have a lot of good advice.  My partner has just been diagnosed with prostrate and bowel cancer which we also just found out has spread to liver and lungs so I well understand the fear you feel.  He is not one for fussing so I am coping by  doing my best to help him by keeping everything as calm and positive as possible at home, taking on the majority of the housework so he can rest and basically chatting nonsense to distract him.  I think at this stage it's about helping practically, gently communicating how you feel so they know you are understanding but not overburdening them with our own fears ( a tricky balance) and being receptive to their moods and listening to them when they need to talk.  It's a lot for you both to come to terms with so be kind to yourself and give yourself time to adjust too.  Wishing you the best

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that your husband has recently been diagnosed with lung cancer and it's perfectly natural to feel scared.

The online community is divided up into different support groups I'm going to recommend a couple for you to join. The first is the lung cancer group which is a great place to ask questions and share experiences about this type of cancer and it's treatment.

The second group is the carers only group which is a safe and supportive place to discuss your worries and emotions with others who have a loved one living with cancer.

To join these groups, just click on the links I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could put something about your husband's diagnosis and any treatment he's had so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to you as well.

I'm sorry to read about your partner's diagnoses and it seems like you both have a lot going on right now.

As you'll have seen in in my reply to Tonidc, the online community is divided up into different support groups. Below are the groups which I think you might benefit from joining:

To join any or all of these groups, just click on the links I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could put something about your partner's diagnosis and any treatment he's had so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Tonic; I had a lump and the pet scan showed it was cancerous ; the cancer is a chest wall cancer and in my case cannot be 

removed; its is stage 4 and the prognosis is 6-12 months; this was in August and I could not sleep for nights on end; I have an appointmnet with Oncolgy next wek and they will investigae suitable Chemo ( there are muliple drugs in each make up); my wife has been my rock she keeps telling me to be positive and she gives me great support;  all you can do is the same, just keep your husband positive; see if chemo can be offered.  All may be not lost and AND DONT BE SCARED IT SERVES NO PURPOSE, just beleive in treatment;, IT CAN GIVE PEOPLE EXTENDED LIFE.  Keep positive.