I have to undergo surgery again

• 3 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Hello everyone, I have just joined this forum in search of comfort, even though I am not a native speaker, and I am using a translator to express myself as best as I can. I had surgery this summer with a radical mastectomy and immediate reconstruction with implants. The oncologist I saw a month ago wanted to reanalyze the biopsy taken before the surgery, which had shown positive results for lymph nodes. However, the one they removed during the surgery was negative. Now, the oncologist told me this morning that the result of the initial biopsy (which was reanalyzed) is correct, meaning I have infected lymph nodes. Tomorrow, I have an appointment with the new surgeon because they want to perform another operation. Honestly, I don't know what to think. Has anyone had similar experiences and can help me understand? I am feeling very discouraged. Thank you.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Macmillan Community but sorry to hear about your diagnoses.

Navigating the cancer journey can be such a stressful and challenging time but getting support from people who have walked the ‘exact same' cancer type journey can help a lot. (I have a completely different cancer).

The Community is divided into dedicated Cancer Specific Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) so can I recommend you join and post in our dedicated Breast Cancer support group. This is a safe place to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

To connect in with the group click on this link> Breast cancer then once the group page opens click on “Click to Join” when the black banner appears or “Join” under “Group Tools” (this all depends on the device you are using)

When you are ready you can introduce yourself by clicking “+new” or “+” in the top right next to the group title. You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

The Macmillan Support Line is open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support, benefits/financial guidance or just a listening ear.

We also have our Ask an Expert section but do allow a few working days for a reply.

Talking to people face to face can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing and give support to all the family.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you for your response and support, and forgive the mistake

• No mistake on your part…… the Community is a very large support platform so the New to Community is like our reception desk and it’s the place where new members can be directed to the best support area in the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge