Breast cancer

• 2 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Hi, I'm new to the Group i was diagnosed with breast cancer last week. They took biopsy and i get the results on Tuesday. My mind is in torture I'm going to be fine one minut and writing my last will and testament the next. I have a small team at work and have just burried one man to cancer and have another fighting lung and bone cancer ... all i can think of is I'm going to die too its unreal my anxity.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that you've just been diagnosed with breast cancer and it's natural that your emotions are all over the place.

The online community is divided up into different cancer specific support groups so I'm going to recommend that you join and post in the breast cancer group where you can ask questions, share experiences and get support.

To join just click on the link I've created which will take you straight there. You can then join and post in the same way you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi YMP,

1. I have just joined, and similar to you had my tests Monday, consultant told me it was cancer and I will need a lumpectomy followed by radiotherapy...results of biopsy next Wed...what you are feeling is totally normal, and I'm feeling exactly the same...you can reach out to me...we can get thru this together!!