Acinic Cell Carcinoma

• 5 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Had my surgery which battered me physically and mentally. Next, waiting for my consultant appointments and talks of Radiotherapy for six weeks. 

Anyone else in the same boat at the moment Slight smile

• Hi  

Is this a salivary gland cancer? If it is pop over to the Head and Neck Cancer forum

I'm sure you'll find somebody to chat to there

Best wishes

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi!

I have recently been diagnosed with Acinic cell carcinoma and am due to have my operation next week. I’m up for chatting! :) I hope you’re doing well x

• Hello, hope the surgery goes well it is brutal. Finally found someone who has same cancer as me :) . You living in Hertfordshire ? The aftercare I had was appalling, be aware of that. You have to take care of yourself on your own on the ward. Take yourself to bathroom, learn your own self to use the machines connected to you and learn to take your own medication. Taking care of your wound remember to ask for penicillin type antibiotics because if you get infection no services will take care of you and so on. There is no services that will help cancer patient's, they don't care. 

• I’m living in bucks, but was referred to Oxford. What hospital did you go to? I‘m so sorry you had a bad experience! Did you have a parotidectomy?

It’s ‘nice’ (what word to use?!) to find someone else with the same condition too!

• Oh cool not far from me and yes 'nice' we have same cancer :'D . I went to Addenbrooks it was like third world conditions, shocking and terrible.