CHEST WALL CANCER AND ONCOLOGY

• 2 replies
  • 37 subscribers

I have an appointment at Clatterbridge next Wednesday to see the Oncology doctor; the surgeon at Liverpool Heart and Lung 

basically told me the cancer is in my chest wall and attached to ribs, there is also a 4cm swelling under in my left side; he basiclly told me its inoperable and that the oncologist will

set up a programme for traetment. I guess this is the standard one fits all Chemo! I am concerned about after effects like Sickness and 

Weakness /fastigue; I am also worried about my good cells being got rid of by chemo never to return ; so I end up just sitting in a chair until

I pass away.  Cant find any posts on  chemo for my chest wall cancer; i am worried in case any chemo does not work but I am left in a chair with no energy etc

awaiting the grim reaper. 

Cheers

Lez

• Hello   Welcome to the MacMillan Community.

I am so sorry to read of your issues and hope I can help to point you in the right direction for some answers for you. It's a very stressful time and I can understand how you feel.in the circumstances.

The Community is divided up into cancer specific chat rooms /forums and I suggest you join Lung cancer forum and the Chemotherapy forum . To join these forums, just click on the links provided and once the page opens up, just click on the black banner at the bottom of the page to join the forum.

Once you have joined the forums you can either copy and paste or repost your questions where they will be seen by Community members with either the same or similar diagnosis as yours and they should be able to give you some answers.

I hope this helps - if i can do anything else for you please get in touch.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Thanks for your message Brian; will go on the forums suggested maybe someone will have a similar

problem; got some pain now and think its the rib being fractured; will know more after seeing oncology.

Take care 

Len