New melanoma diagnosis

• 2 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Good morning,

I have a new melanoma diagnosis and emotionally I feel like I am all

over the place. I feel like I need to talk, but I don’t know where to start.  I am scared and anxious.

Did anyone feel the same after diagnosis? 

• Hello   A warm welcome to the MacMillan Community

I am so sorry to read of your diagnosis and can understand it's a very stressful and emotional time for you. The Community is divided up into various forums / chat rooms and in your case I would advise you to join the Melanoma forum . To do this just click on the link I have provided and when the page opens up, just click on the black banner at the bottom of the page to join the forum.

Once you have joined you can introduce yourself and either copy and paste or repost your original post on the forum. There it will be read by Community members with the same or similar diagnosis and you should receive some answers to your questions.

If I can be of any further help just let me know.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi Millibob,

I am so sorry to hear this. My partner was told two days ago he has rectal cancer and the news has floored me so I can only imagine how scared and upset you must be. I’ve spoken to a Macmillan nurse and advisor today who have said everyone reacts differently and there is no right or wrong emotion. I hope you hear something positive soon xxx