Hi All, I am if possible looking for others who have Crohns and an ilostomy already and now Prostate cancer. Or others taking Brachy HDR past or present.

• 1 reply
  • 36 subscribers

Based in Oxford mostly and also in the Algarve. Doing well and still cannot believe it  cancer got me  ==== again ! Been very lucky so far.  I have had a life of Crohns then colon cancer at 62 then and now Prostate cancer at 69 .... just started hormone treatment 6 weeks in and not happy ! Frustrated I am. Angry yes. pissed off yes totally.. aAll the things I still love have been taken away sex and  drinking wine  lol. I lead a very full life,  I breed Portuguese water dogs we work show and breed and have 5,  4 girls one boy that we love,  do Crufts and we also have a small fruit farm in the Algave for the last few years that we both love and spend as much time there as we can. Bit of a petrol head too into classic cars and bikes retired from flying ppl light aircraft and gliders and spend most of my time flitting backward and forward to the Algarve to work on the Orchards and on our farmhouse sounds a bit more exotic than it really is but love it. Just bought myself a big quad bike for the farm and roads locally more fun than the car + 2 tractors and a Citroen 2 cv I am rebuilding in Portugal as well. Toy box includes tvr brabus merc Westfield Harley Bmw Bike and a selection of vw and and got into photography and DJI drone flying to support my rubbish photos and just setting up a  Youtube type blog to see if I can help others or piss them off... easy to do both. I will post some pictures later just to add to the misery.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Macmillan Community but sorry to hear about your new diagnoses.

Navigating the cancer journey can be such a stressful and challenging time but getting support from people who have walked the ‘exact same' cancer type journey can help a lot. (I have a completely different cancer).

The Community is divided into dedicated Cancer Specific Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) and I can see that you have already joined our dedicated Prostate Cancer support group. This is a safe place to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

To connect in with the group click on this link> Prostate cancer then once the group page opens you can introduce yourself by clicking “+new” or “+” in the top right next to the group title. You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge