Invite to First Steps Cancer Program.

• 2 replies
  • 37 subscribers

I’ve recently been diagnosed with grade 2 invasive micropapillary breast cancer, 41mm. I’m due to have raquet therapeutic mammoplasty and a sentinel node biopsy. I know I’ll need radiotherapy afterwards but won’t find out if I need chemotherapy until after the procedure.

Last year I was treated for grade 3C1 cervical cancer, 25 fractions of radiotherapy, 5 chemotherapy and 3 brachytherapy.

I’ve just had my 1 year all clear and the new diagnosis is not secondary.

I’ve been invited to a First Steps Cancer program meeting due to my current diagnosis. I’ve never been invited to one before and would like to go but my thoughts are…as I’ve already had a recent battle I’m perhaps not the best candidate to have in a group session with people who have just had a first diagnosis. 

I would really appreciate any thoughts on this?

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Macmillan Community but sorry to hear about your new diagnoses.

I was diagnosed with my incurable cancer over 24 years ago so a meeting like this was not a thing back then…… but having someone who has already navigated the cancer journey at a meeting may be a great help to some folks……. sorry I can’t give you a clear answer, I think it will depend on how you feel…… but getting support for your next cancer journey is important.

The Community is divided into dedicated Cancer Specific Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) so can I recommend you join and post in our dedicated Breast Cancer support group. This is a safe place to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

To connect in with the group click on this link> Breast cancer then once the group page opens click on “Click to Join” when the black banner appears or “Join” under “Group Tools” (this all depends on the device you are using)

When you are ready you can introduce yourself by clicking “+new” or “+” in the top right next to the group title. You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Your response is quite helpful, I have been searching to join the Breast Cancer forum.which was made easy by just clicking the link on your post.  

Thank you.