Just found out I have breast cancer

• 2 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Hi.

I have found out that I have Grade 2 Breast Cancer.  Terrifed I think is the word.  Feeling like everyone is talking at me.

Was told there are options but this is what is happening.

Grateful for the help at the hospital but starting chemo next wednesday.  Been told different things.  I have a port fitted but am struggling to get head around it all.  Just been told first appointment will be about 5 hours long.

Trying to work out what to take.

Thanks 

• Hello   I am so sorry to read of your diagnosis and yes, at first there is so much information to digest at once. I can't help you with your question and worries here (I am from the Prostate Cancer forum) however I notice you are already a member of the Breast Cancer forum. Have you introduced yourself on the forum, and if not why not do this posting your questions there. I am sure there are people on the forum who have "been there - done that" who can re-assure you.

We also have the Chemotherapy forum . You can also join this forum and speak to people who have/are going through the same treatment as you are starting.

I hope this helps - and you are able to find the information you need.

If I can do anything else for you please don't hesitate to contact me - I wish you all the best on your cancer journey.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Thank you for the advise.  Will look there.

Good luck to you