Grieving my mom and processing what happened

• 2 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Hi, 7 weeks ago my mom died. She had been ill for a few months and it all came to a head mid August. I had to phone an ambulance. We were totally unaware of what was really wrong. All we knew was she had a pre leukaemia which was deemed low risk and she had a pre existing heart condition. But I knew something serious was wrong. No one listened. She was in hospital for 12 days & on day 11 they did a CT scan to find out why she was deteriorating. The next day we were told she had metastatic ovarian cancer. 2 hours later she died. It was so traumatic and horrific. I am so broken & hurting inside. We are in the process of getting her medical records to try and get some answers or at least make them think about how they treat people and listen to family. I just don’t know what to do and how to cope with it all. 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm so sorry to read that your mum has very recently died and I know what a difficult time this will be for you.

The online community is divided up into different support groups so I'm going to recommend that you join the bereaved family and friends group as you'll then connect directly with others who have lost a loved one to cancer.

To join just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

Sending virtual (((hugs)))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you, I have joined this group