New, very lucky but really down.

• 2 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Hi,

I was diagnosed last week with breast cancer. Mammograms, ultrasound and MRI are all clear but the biopsy showed cancer even though it's around a cm. I feel incredibly lucky to have found it, that it's so early and, if the lymph biopsy is clear I won't even need radiotherapy. I almost hesitated even joining the forum but I'm so low. Even typing this feels disrespectful to all those who are facing much more serious prognoses than I am. 

I've been downplaying it but this week especially I've been on the verge of tears all the time and it's a struggle to do anything much apart from a jigsaw or two. 

Had my pre-op assessment on Friday and original doc has called me too to tell me it's likely I'll just have hormone therapy, so why am I so sad? 

Sorry guys, I just feel so annoyed and weepy and that makes me feel I've no right to be, 'cos it's teeny and early and treatable. I still just want to lay in bed with my non alcoholic gin and loads of expensive chocolate and cry. 

H

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

It doesn't matter how big or small or how much treatment you need you've still had a cancer diagnosis and it takes a while to come to terms with.

I can see that you've already found and joined the breast cancer group which is a great place to ask questions, share experiences and give and receive support.

When you feel ready, you can start a new post there in the same way as you did here and also join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

When you have a minute, it would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hello latchbrook,

Thank you for your reply. I think that's just it, it's the word itself feels so big regardless, it's here and it was a shock. I will update the profile. 

Thanks

H