Cold hands after chemo

• 1 reply
  • 36 subscribers

Hi,

I've just joined the group and am looking for advice on the following.

I was diagnosed with Bowel Cancer in November 2021 and after surgery had to undergo just a short spell of chemotherapy until March 2022.  Following on from the treatment my hands get very cold even though the house is warm. Please can anyone offer any advice as to what gloves I could try to to try and keep them warm, I've been browsing various websites and there look to be plenty out there but I thought I would ask first to see if there were any recommendations. Thank you

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Macmillan Community.

I had a lot of treatment over my 24 years incurable blood cancer journey (so a totally different type of treatments) and cold hands, feet and head was and at times still is part of life and that’s with me 8 years out from treatment. 

I just went into my closest ‘outdoor’ retail shop and tried on gloves, hats not obviously socks Wink. The main thing I looked for was the ‘thermal’ qualities and it would say this on the packaging, but on the whole I just bought the cheapest I could find and they were ok.

Navigating the cancer journey can be such a stressful and challenging time but getting support from people who have walked the ‘exact same' cancer type journey can help a lot.

The Community is divided into dedicated Cancer Specific Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) so can I recommend you join and post in our dedicated Bowel (colon and rectum) cancer support group. This is a safe place to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

To connect in with the group click on this link>  Bowel (colon and rectum) cancer then once the group page opens click on “Click to Join” when the black banner appears or “Join” under “Group Tools” (this all depends on the device you are using)

When you are ready you can introduce yourself by clicking “+new” or “+” in the top right next to the group title. You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge