Undecided about seeing my GP ? Bowel Cancer

• 1 reply
  • 58 subscribers

Hi i am very conflicted.

I am an ex nurse and as others like me will know we are not the best at asking for help.  I dont want to bother my GP unessessarly.  Recently I have experinced constipation and more so not feeling like I have completely empted my bowel when I go to the toilet.  When I wipe myself there is fresh blood, not very much, but I do not have piles and thats what is concerning me.

I know the NHS is under strain right now and I dont want to bother them if its just my age. I am 53 years old and I was just wondering If anyone  here could give me some advice.

• Hi  and a warm welcome to the Online Community although I am so sorry to see the reason you are joining.

Please make an appointment with your GP as soon as possible. Regardless of your background in being an ex nurse you can’t make any judgments as to what is actually going on.

The NHS is always under strain but we are hearing of many many people putting off getting checked out but they are not doing the NHS any favours……. If you have a medical issue an early intervention will help you and the NHS.

((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge