New Diagnosis

• 1 reply
  • 58 subscribers

Hello just reaching out. My name is Adam. My georgeous Wife Caroline. and I have visited this forum on occasion before diagnosis..I have been so impressed with support given to members that I felt the need to join and hopefully gain some insight and love from others.

Today was a bombshell for my Wife and Family.I first went to the doctor at the end of Jan with an amount of pushing from Caroline.. feeling somewhat unwell. By this time I thought I had a muscle problem in my shoulder but this developed into a small but uncomfortable lump.

Gp acted quickly and sent for tests at Qa Portsmouth. Blood, chest xray,followed by CT scan followed and then Fn biopsy and core biopsy 3 weeks ago. Pet  2 weeks ago and 2 meetings later and here we are. No primary found but secondaries found in neck and armpit Lymph Nodes

I would find it hard to critisise my journey apart from a few delays in diagnosis...I understand the problems faced by all at the moment.

However today the bombshell of the diagnosis and prognosis without treatment of a few months....with treatment maybe a little bit more .I only hope that my family can cope with this crap and it would be the last thing I would want would be to cause them such pain.

Please all.. if you dont feel youself or you feel different health wise in any way please nag and pester your health team as they are on your side...believe me.

Love to All

Adam

• Hi Adam   and a warm welcome to the Online Community although I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis.

A cancer diagnosis can be so stressful and challenging but I do hope you find the community a safe place to get support and ask your questions.

The New to Community area is like our reception desk where we can signpost you to our various cancer support groups and other services so can I recommend that you consider joining our supportive Unknown primary cancer and Lymph nodes, secondary cancer groups. These will be safe places to talk to others who may have a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

If you'd like to connect in with a group click on the Green (Bold) link I have created above. Then once the group page opens click on the black banner that says [click to join] at the bottom, or the [Join] button under "Group tools."

You can then introduce yourself by putting up a ‘new post’ by clicking in the box near the top right with + New or + (Depending on the device you are using) and you are ready to go.

You could copy and paste the text from this post into your new post and as always you can reply to existing ‘Discussions’ by click [reply].

The Macmillan Support Line is open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00 or via Webchat and Email too. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support, benefits/financial guidance or just a listening ear and our Cancer Nurse Team in our Ask an Expert section helpful but do allow a few working days for a reply.

To find information covering diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers check our Online Information and Support Section

Talking to people face to face when on a cancer journey can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area.

Do also check out for a local Maggie's Centre in your area as these folks are amazing and provide support for all the family.

Always around if you need further help in navigating the community.

All the very best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge