Travelling with cancer

• 1 reply
  • 58 subscribers

Hi 

does anyone have any experience with travelling from Australia to the uk with cancer? My brother is there and he wants to come home to the UK, any advice?? 
thanks 

• Hi  and a warm welcome to the Online Community. This is an interesting question and although I have done some International travel over my 23 years living with my type of blood cancer - cancer types may be rather different.

It may be helpful to talk with others with the same type of cancer as your brother so do have a look through this list where you will find all our many dedicated cancer support groups listed as you can ask your question in there.

If you'd like to connect in with a group click on the Green (Bold) link I have created above. Then once you find the cancer group that fits your brothers cancer type click on the black banner that says [click to join] at the bottom, or the [Join] button under "Group tools."

You can then introduce yourself by putting up a ‘new post’ by clicking in the box near the top right with + New or + (Depending on the device you are using) and you are ready to go.

You could copy and paste the text from this post into your new post and as always you can reply to existing ‘Discussions’ by click [reply].

As always folks with cancer from the UK going abroad require good travel insurance but I actually don't know what the rules are coming into the UK so you may want to call the Macmillan Support Line is open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00 or via Webchat and Email too. This service provides practical information or use our Ask an Expert section but do allow a few working days for a reply.

I do hope that this can happen and he can make the trip.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge