First line treatment

• 1 reply
  • 58 subscribers

Hi I'm newly diagnosed and due to start bvtd soon

I'm a fit 56 year old male .

Can anyone tell me what it feels like to have thus treatment and what limitations will it put on me for the coming months

Thanks

• Hi  and a warm welcome to the Online Community although I am so sorry to hear you are starting treatment.

A cancer diagnosis can be so stressful and challenging but I do hope you find the community a safe place to get support and ask your questions.

The New to Community is like our reception desk where we can signpost you to our various cancer support groups and other services.

I don’t know anything about BVTD treatment but to connect you with people who may help do have a look through this list where you will find all our dedicated cancer support groups listed. These are safe places to talk to others who may have a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

If you'd like to connect in with a group click on the Green (Bold) link I have created above. Then once you find your cancer type group click on the black banner that says [click to join] at the bottom, or the [Join] button under "Group tools."

You can then introduce yourself by putting up a ‘new post’ by clicking in the box near the top right with + New or + (Depending on the device you are using) and you are ready to go.

You could copy and paste the text from this post into your new post and as always you can reply to existing ‘Discussions’ by click [reply].

The Macmillan Support Line is open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00 or via Webchat and Email too. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support, benefits/financial guidance or just a listening ear and our Cancer Nurse Team in our Ask an Expert section helpful but do allow a few working days for a reply.

To find information covering diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers check our Online Information and Support Section

Talking to people face to face when on a cancer journey can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area.

Do also check out for a local Maggie's Centre in your area as these folks are amazing and provide support for all the family.

Always around if you need further help in navigating the community.

All the very best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge