Partner has pancreatic cancer

• 7 replies
  • 61 subscribers

Hi new to group and looking for support...

My partner was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in Oct 2021 ...

Would love to find some people in same position as me as ,there is alot more to say x

Michelle x

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that your partner was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last year but you've joined the right community to find others in a similar position.

As the online community is divided up into different support groups I'm going to recommend that you join the pancreatic cancer group, which is a great place to ask questions and share experience with others who have this type of cancer, and also the carers only group which is a safe and supportive place to discuss your worries and emotions with others who have a loved one living with cancer.

Clicking on the links I've created will take you to the groups where you can join and post in the same way as you did here. You can also join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'. 

It would be great if you could pop something about your partner's diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

If you have any difficulty navigating the community just drop me a reply and I'll be pleased to help

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Michelle,

My partner is awaiting biopsy results but the signs are stage 3 pancreatic cancer. I am completely floored by this, a month ago he seemed perfectly fine and healthy. I'm joining the communities suggested by  so I hope to see you around there. There's a lot of things I'm struggling with but I'll share them in the forum's as I navigate them 

Love

Cath

• Hi cath , thank you for replying to my post ...

Hopefully things can be done for your partner .... and big hugs to you both , 

The way we cope is just living one day at a time ...

My man was given at christmas 6 / 8 weeks  he would go downhill but it's now end April and now starting to feel everything on top of him ...he is just so tired ...

So hang in there and try to be there for him ..

Love Michelle xx

• How are you now? I'm in the sane boat and struggling.

• How are you now? I'm in the same boat and struggling.

• We've had the stage 3 confirmed, been to the oncologist. He's starting 6 months of chemo at the start of June but that is palliative only. I still can't quite believe it. We have longer than we feared but still less than two years, maybe not even one.

Currently I'm mostly trying to keep his weight up. He's not in any pain but his appetite has gone. I'm worried about the future. He takes each day as it comes, but I know he's going to get more ill.

We are getting married early June (more quickly than we'd planned) so that's a positive at least.

• Doubling the Creon helped with weight gain once treatment started for my partner, he regained general health after a few months but has been on palliative chemo for three years now and it's taking a toll on everything.