Scalp cooling

• 1 reply
  • 58 subscribers
  • Hi has anyone else tried the Scalp cooling before Chemo and does it work?
  • Hi  and welcome to the Online Community although I am so sorry to see you finding us but I do hope you find the community a safe place to get support and ask your questions.

The New to Community area is like our reception desk where we can signpost you on to our various cancer support groups and other services.

I was treated for a Blood Cancer so Scalp Cooling was not used as it would reduce the effectiveness of the treatments but you may like to talk with others who have the same cancer.

You don’t say what type of cancer you have but if you care to have a look through this list you will find all our many dedicated cancer support groups listed. These are safe places to talk to others who may have a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

If you'd like to connect in with a group click on the Green link I have created above. Then once you find your cancer type group click on the black banner that says [click to join] at the bottom, or the [Join] button under "Group tools."

You can then introduce yourself by putting up a ‘new post’ by clicking in the box near the top right with + New or + (Depending on the device you are using) and you are ready to go.

The Macmillan Support Line is open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00 or via Webchat and Email too. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support, benefits/financial guidance or just a listening ear. You may also find our Ask an Expert section helpful but do allow a few working days for a reply.

To find information covering diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers check our Online Information and Support Section

Talking to people face to face can be very helpful but during these strange times it’s not that available but do check to see if any Local Macmillan Support in your area has opened up. Do also check out for a local Maggie's Centre in your area as these folks are amazing.

Always around if you need further help in navigating the community.

All the very best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge