Cervical cancer 1 year on

• 1 reply
  • 60 subscribers

Hi it’s been 1 year since I got a cervical cancer diagnosis and still struggling. 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the Online Community although I am so sorry to hear about your cervical cancer diagnosis and your ongoing struggles. This is such a challenging and stressful time for but I do hope you find the community a safe place to get support and ask your questions.

The New to Community is like our reception desk where we can signpost you to our various cancer specific support groups and other services. I do see you have joined and posted in our supportive Cervical cancer groupThis will be a safe place to talk to others who may have a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

The Macmillan Support Line is open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00 or via Webchat and Email too. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support, benefits/financial guidance or just a listening ear. You may also find our Ask an Expert section helpful but do allow a few working days for a reply.

We also have our Telephone Buddy Service where you can be matched with someone who understands what you're going through, and they'll give you a weekly call.

Talking to people face to face can help a lot but during these strange times it’s not that available but do check to see if any Local Macmillan Support in your area has opened up. Do also check out for a local Maggie's Centre in your area as these folks are amazing.

Always around if you need further help in navigating the community.

All the very best ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge