Every thing going too fast.

• 2 replies
  • 58 subscribers

My husband was diagnosed in June with lung cancer that had spread to Both  kidneys and lymph glands we were told it was terminal. Then it moved into his bones, now it is in his brain. His consultant is phoning him on Tuesday and the waiting is so hard. Marie curie nurses coming out in about about 4 weeks to talk about palliative care. Just don't know what to expect. Any advice would be appreciated. X

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Online Community although I am so sorry to hear about your husbands diagnosis. This is such a challenging and stressful time for all the family but I do hope you find the community a safe place to get support and ask your questions.

The New to Community is like our reception desk where we can signpost you to our various cancer specific support groups and other services and when it comes to the practical challenges of supporting someone on a cancer journey like this you may benefit from joining our supportive Carers only and Supporting someone with incurable cancer groups where you will connect with others supporting family and friends These are safe places to talk to others who may walking the same path.

If you'd like to connect in with a group, you do need to join the group. Click on the Green link I have created above. Then once the page opens click on the black banner that says [click to join] at the bottom, or the [Join] button under "Group tools."

You can then introduce yourself by putting up a ‘new post’ by clicking in the box near the top right with + New (Computers) or + (Mobile Devices). You will then see a dropdown menu so hit ‘Chat or Start a Discussion in New here, say helloand you are ready to go.

You could copy and paste the text from this your first post. You can also search through existing ‘Discussions’ and click [reply] if you want to put up a comment.

The Macmillan Support Line is open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00 or via Webchat and Email too. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support, benefits/financial guidance or just a listening ear. You may also find our Ask an Expert section helpful but do allow a few working days for a reply.

Always around if you need further help in navigating the community.

All the very best ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you for your welcome x