Hello x

• 2 replies
  • 59 subscribers

Hi all x

Im Samantha 

Im 46 from north London,  love my cat and hamster , nit alot of family ot friends due to disability anf mental health.  

have very few family members left and fewer friends, mainly because i have been so unwell with my mental health, chronic fatigue   lumbar spine issues aswell as fatigue and these "womens problems"

About a year ago i was complaining to my gp about the amount of intermittent bleeding and long heavy periods i was getting.. despite having a mirena coil in at the time.. so had a ultrasound in clinic .. they said i have a large fibroid inside my womb and referred me over to gyne at hospital... they booked me in for a mri and took a biopsy then the next two appointments over 2 months were a waste of time because the hospital where i had the open mri (because im a fluffy girl) hadnt sent the slides so they said they woukd chase them up and have a virtual clinic/book me in once theyve seen it amd discussed ... the consultant told me "your fibroid wont kill you but surgery will" and said he thought i should have injections to shrink it or possibly embolisation but that all depends on radiologist opinion ... a month later - just 2 days ago they called me at lunchtime to ask if i coukd come in for 2pm so i did and they said hey had looked at the mri and werent sure if the fibroid is necrotic or i have endemetrial cancer,  then took me in another room for an aspirational biopsy.. it hurt the first time but oh my did i scream this was worse but they said they needed a much better sample and also gave me blood tests , i went back to see the dr and she said something about a ct scan being booked for me but it was a bit of a blur i was so upset... then she ssid they will call me the moment they have the results... does it really take 2 weeks? :-/ its just been days and i cannot stop thinking about it,  worrying because i dont have life insurance and no spare cash to get a prepaid funeral.. been waiting for dwp decision for pip since last year ... am at the end of my teather with everything happening. I really hope its quicker than two weeks x  and ive never mentioned my fatigue to gyne just didnt think... is this a synptom? A few toktok vids say it is... please let me know xxx

Another huge worry for me is my chronic fatigue ive moaned to my gp loads of times and hrs just referred me to be assessed for m.e/cfs... not once did i think to tell anybody in gyne now i keep seeing tiktok videos with people saying its an early sign..  

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

It sounds like you've been through a lot but hopefully you'll soon have the results of all your tests and scans.

As the online community is divided up into different support groups I'm going to recommend that you join the womb (endometrial) cancer group which is a great place to ask questions, share experiences and get support. There you'll be able to chat to other women who may have had the same tests, etc as you and who can tell you how they coped with waiting.

To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'click to join' or 'join' (depending on the device you're using) on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself and post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'. 

If you have any difficulty navigating the community just drop me a reply and I'll be pleased to help

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"