Going with the flow !

• 1 reply
  • 60 subscribers

Hello everyone, surreal, dream like, feet havnt touched the floor..... Just some descriptors of where I am right now. I look forward to sharing a journey...

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Online Community although I am so sorry to see you joining us. This is such a challenging and stressful time for you but I do hope you will find lots of support and comfort as you connect in with the Online Community. 

The New to Community is like our reception desk where we can signpost you to our various cancer specific support groups and other services but you don’t say what type of cancer you have if you care to have a look through this list you will find all our many dedicated cancer support groups listed. These will be safe places to talk to others who may have a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

If you'd like to connect in with a group, you do need to join the group. Click on the Green link I have created above and find the best group. Then once the group page opens click on the black banner that says [click to join] at the bottom, or the [Joinbutton under "Group tools."

You can then introduce yourself by putting up a ‘new post’ by clicking in the box near the top right with + New (Computers) or + (Mobile Devices). You will then see a dropdown menu so hit ‘Chat’ or Start a Discussion in New here, say helloand you are ready to go.

You can also search through existing ‘Discussions’ and click [reply] if you want to put up a comment.

The Macmillan Support Line is open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00 or via Webchat and Email too. This service provides cancer information, emotional support, benefits/financial guidance or just a listening ear. You may also find our Ask an Expert section helpful but do allow a few working days for a reply.

To find information covering diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers check our Online Information and Support Section

Talking to people face to face can help a lot but during these strange times it’s not that available but do check to see if any Local Macmillan Support in your area has opened up. Do also check out for a local Maggie's Centrein your area as these folks are amazing.

Always around if you need further help in navigating the community.

All the very best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge