Whirlwind experience!

• 1 reply
  • 60 subscribers

I had a right breast simple mastectomy & axillary node dissection exactly a month ago. Now getting set for treatment of chemo & radiotherapy.  The thought of losing my hair (ex hairdresser) scares me but I know it's what I have to do for it not to return. Still bloody scary! Sorry, I know people are going through so much worse than me. 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Online Community although I am so sorry to hear about your BC diagnosis and ongoing treatment. This is such a challenging and stressful time for you but I do hope you will find lots of support and comfort as you connect in with the Online Community. 

The New to Community is like our reception desk where we can signpost you to our various cancer specific support groups and other services but I do see you have already joined our Breast cancer group. This will be a safe place to talk to others who may have a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

If you'd like to connect in with a group click on the Green link I have created above. Then once the page opens you can then introduce yourself by putting up a ‘new post’ by clicking in the box near the top right with + New (Computers) or + (Mobile Devices). You will then see a dropdown menu so hit ‘Chat or Start a Discussion in New here, say helloand you are ready to go.

You could copy and paste the text from this your first post. You can also search through existing ‘Discussions’ and click [reply] if you want to put up a comment.

The Macmillan Support Line is open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00 or via Webchat and Email too. This service provides cancer information, emotional support, benefits/financial guidance or just a listening ear. You may also find our Ask an Expert section helpful but do allow a few working days for a reply.

To find information covering diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers check our Online Information and Support Section

Talking to people face to face can help a lot but during these strange times it’s not that available but do check to see if any Local Macmillan Support in your area has opened up. Do also check out for a local Maggie's Centrein your area as these folks are amazing.

Always around if you need further help in navigating the community.

All the very best ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge